Things have a way of coming full circle; I completed a project called 'Poetry in Motion' for an MA in Design and it reignited my passion for the importance of feelings and emotions in our lives. I had originally wanted to study psychology when I left school, but life took me down a different path. Instead I studied photography which I still love, but now I feel like I am finally doing what I am meant to be doing.
I have an M.A. in counselling & psychotherapy and completed my thesis on trauma and dissociation (1st class honours). I am also an accredited, advanced EFT practitioner and hypnotherapist. I also use other tools and skills I have learned along the way (see below) to help locate the root cause(s) of issues instead of focusing solely on symptoms. I specialise in working with trauma, my particular areas of interest are somatic and psychic dissociation and early, developmental trauma.
Some of the workshops and courses that I have completed are:
• Matrix Birth Reimprinting with Sharon King, Cork, Ireland, 2010.
• Healing Trauma with Peter Levine, Sounds True, 2015.
• Awaken Your Heart, Creativity & Wisdom with Tara Brach, 2016.
• Shame, Self-Loathing & Complex Trauma Treatment: Somatic Interventions with Janina Fisher, PESI, 2016.
• Certified Family Trauma Professional Intensive Training: The Most Effective Techniques for Treating Traumatized Children, Adolescents and Families with Robert Rhoton, PESI, 2017.
• Brainspotting with David Grand, Sounds True, 2017.
• Embodiment Exercises: How to Sense the Body to Increase its Powers of Self-Regulation, Raja Selvam, 2017.
• How to Work with Trauma That is Trapped in the Body with Pat Ogden (The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine, NICABM), 2017.
• An Integrative Approach to Treating Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders with Kathy Steele, Cork, Ireland, 2017.
• Trauma Desensitisation, Tim Dunne, Dublin, Ireland, 2017.
• Shame (part 1), Jess Angland, Portlaoise, Ireland, 2017.
• The Cost of Care-Giving: Patterns of Care-Giving, Jess Angland, Portlaoise, Ireland, 2018.
• How to Work With Shame, (The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine, NICABM), 2018.
• Shame (part 2), Jess Angland, Portlaoise, Ireland, 2018.
• Health and Healing Through Mind-Body Unity with Gabor Maté, Cork, Ireland, 2018.
• Internal Family Systems Step by Step: IFS for Deep Healing with Richard Schwartz, PESI, 2019